Make the Connection is the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ national public awareness campaign that features true stories of Veterans who have faced and overcome challenges. Veterans’ unscripted and candid testimonials highlight the strength and resilience of those who have served our country, and demonstrate paths to leading fulfilling lives.
Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1
Confidential chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net or text to 838255
Vet Center Program
Helping Veterans and their families transition from military to civilian life.
Vet Centers provide services to Veterans who have served in any war zone or area of hostility/combat. Vet Center services are also extended to family members who experienced an active duty death (bereavement counseling) and Veterans of any era who has experienced any form of military sexual trauma or harassment. These Veterans are not required to have served in a war zone.
- All services are without time limitation and at no cost to the Veteran. These services have been prepaid through the Veteran’s military service.
- Veterans do not need to be enrolled with the VA Medical Centers to use this benefit.
- Veterans do not need a disability rating or service connection for injuries from either the VA or the DoD, to use a Vet Center.
- No information will be released to any person or agency without the written consent from the Veteran, except in circumstances averting a crisis.
- Readjustment counseling services at the Vet Centers are not part of the Basic Medical Benefits Package.